Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pelvis & Oliver Twist


Starting off with my assignment today. This is a drawing of a human male pelvis from six angles. The weird white marks are just where I moved them over a tad so it was a little straighter, but I drew them all on the same page, which I thought we were supposed to do but everyone else is doing them one per page and shrinking them in photoshop... just sounds like more work to me.

Anywhoo I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow because my first class was moved to the evening where we will be watching one of the early versions of 'Oliver Twist', most likely black and white. We've watched a few old films and it's really interesting to see the real pioneers of the film media. Almost everything we do today in film they had to invent first. Apparently in one of the first films ever made called "Arrival of a train at La Ciotat"(1895), the people had never seen anything like it. The movie was just like it was called, a train that was filmed pulling in to the station, but supposedly the people viewing the film thought it was so real that they jumped up screaming and ran out of the theatre to avoid being hit by the train. I wish I could see it that way.

There's a bit of a break for now in deadlines but that doesn't mean I can stop! There's a ton of them coming up in three weeks. My goal is to finish them incrementally instead of all at the last minute. Here's hoping that my work ethic can handle it!

EDIT: Apparently Oliver Twist was not when I thought it was, so I guess I will go see it at a later date, yet to be confirmed.

No comments: